The Avondale Branch is one of the nine area libraries in Hamilton County built with funds provided by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. Designed by the architectural firm Garber and Woodward, the Spanish Colonial style structure features a Rookwood tile entry, decorative iron work, and a domed ceiling. A Rookwood drinking fountain was presented to the branch by the Avondale Improvement Association to mark its opening on March 1, 1913. It was placed on display to commemorate the Avondale Branch Accessibility Project on May 20, 2014. This $1.2-million renovation of the 100-year old Avondale Branch Library included building a new addition with a handicap accessible entrance, elevator, and two new restrooms.