As part of our commitment to provide discovery without barriers, CHPL partners with UMC Food Ministry, opens a new window to bring meals and snacks to select Library locations.
Summer Meals and Snacks for Youth
Free meals and snacks are available Mondays through Fridays during the summer beginning Tuesday, May 31 at most library locations. Participants must eat at the Library.
- Avondale: Meal 1-1:45 p.m. | Snack 4-4:45 p.m.
- Bond Hill: Meal 1-2 p.m. | Snack 4-5 p.m.
- Cheviot: Meal 2-3 p.m.
- College Hill: Meal 12-12:45 p.m.
- Corryville: Meal 1-1:30 p.m.
- Covedale: Meal 2-3 p.m.
- Deer Park: Meal 12:30-1:30 p.m. | Snack 4-5 p.m.
- Downtown Main Library: Meal 2-3 p.m.
- Elmwood Place: Meal 12:30–1 p.m.
- Groesbeck: Meal 12:30-1 p.m.
- Madisonville: Meal 12-12:45 p.m. | Snack 4-4:30 p.m.
- Mt. Healthy: Meal 3-3:30 p.m.
- Mt. Washington: Meal 3-4 p.m.
- North Central: Meal 1:15-1:45 p.m.
- Northside: Meal 3:30-4 p.m.
- Norwood: Meal 3:30-4 p.m.
- Pleasant Ridge: Meal 3-3:45 p.m.
- Price Hill: Meal 3-4 p.m. | Snack 11-11:30 a.m.
- Reading: Meal 12:30-1 p.m.
- St. Bernard: Meal 12-12:45 p.m. | Snack 4-4:30 p.m.
- West End: Meal 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Meal service locations and serving times are subject to change.
Who is Eligible for Meals
All children ages 1 through 18 are eligible to receive free meals. Individuals ages 19 through 21 who have been identified as having mental or physical disabilities and are following Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) through their current enrollment in educational programs also are eligible for free meals. There are no other eligibility requirements.
About The Meals Service
According to Feeding America, opens a new window, nearly 35,000 children in Hamilton County live in a food insecure household. That means one in three children are unsure of where their next meal is coming from. Children facing hunger are more likely to struggle with school and have behavioral problems.
The UMC meal service is made possible through federal funding, as part of the USDA's Child Nutrition Programs, opens a new window.
Last updated June 22, 2022