The first Clifton Branch opened in January, 1954, in the former quarters of a barber and beauty shop on Ludlow Ave. A storefront was added in 1962, and the library was remodeled in 1971. Another expansion and remodeling project was completed in 2003. Michael L. Dever, president of Performance Automotive Network, donated Parkview Manor, the former house of George Barnesdale “Boss” Cox, for a new Clifton Branch in 2010. The Library renovated the 10,000 square foot historic property to replace the 2,500 square foot storefront property. The new Clifton Branch Library opened on May 28, 2015.