The North Cincinnati Branch opened on April 2, 1907, one of nine area libraries built with funds provided by Andrew Carnegie and his Foundation. Large stone columns flank the entrance of the Renaissance Revival building with a beautiful stone pediment topping the doorway. The interior is dominated by a large stained glass dome supported by a circle of oak columns. A large plaster relief that once hung at the old Main Library and dates to the late 19th century adorns one of the walls at the Corryville location.
For many years, this branch operated out of the lower level while the upper floor was used by the Friends of the Library as a storage facility. In 1996, the branch underwent a major renovation and restoration. When reopened in August of 1997 it was renamed the Corryville Branch Library to reflect the neighborhood it serves. For several months in 2023, the branch underwent extensive structural improvements and restoration work before reopening later the same year.