Library service has been available in the community since April 1927 when the Reading Branch opened for business. The branch was managed jointly with the Lockland Branch Library (on Williams Street). In 1965, the Lockland and Reading Branches merged and moved into a rental facility on the corner of Benson Street and Jefferson Avenue. The branch moved again, in July 2000 to a rental location on the corner of Reading Road and Pike Street. In 2015, the rental property was replaced by a new 12,000 square-foot facility boasting innovative features and services. The Grand Opening for the new Reading Branch Library was held on June 23, 2015.