The Library supports its mission of connecting people with the world of ideas and information by developing exhibits and by providing exhibit space to external organizations at the Main Library.
Learn about our exhibit policies and guidelines. For additional information about any of the exhibits listed, please call our Programs & Exhibits Office at 513-369-6900.
The Joseph S. Stern, Jr. Cincinnati Room, adjacent to the Genealogy and Local History Department at our Main Library, displays local history artifacts and provides a climate controlled and secure environment for using the Library’s rare and fragile materials.
Permanent exhibits in the Cincinnati Room include John James Audubon’s Birds of America, currently on loan to the Cincinnati Museum Center, and the 1848 daguerreotype Panorama of Progress, opens a new window.
Other Exhibit Locations
Other exhibits at the Main Library are frequently shown in the Atrium Exhibit Space, Information and Reference, 2nd Floor Connector, outside TeenSpot/MakerSpace, and the Walnut Street Plaza.
The following were exhibited at the Library in 2019:
- Lantern slides
- The Cincinnati Public Schools' City-Wide Art Exhibition
- Artists Reaching Classrooms in partnership with the Taft Museum of Art
- Design LAB in partnership with the Architectural Society of Cincinnati
- Hero Bearcat (Business Bearcat) in partnership with University of Cincinnati
- AntiOD: Reclaiming Our City in partnership with University of Cincinnati
- Bookworks 20 in partnership with the Cincinnati Book Arts Society
- Keith Kuhn Memorial Exhibit
- Celebrate the Legacy of Cincinnati Pride: Strong, Safe, Supported (Stonewall 50) in partnership with Cincinnati Pride
- Stories of NIOSH in partnership with NIOSH
- Chinese Railroad Workers Photo Exhibit in partnership with Cincinnati Chinese Cultural Exchange Association, Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Cincinnati Music Legends in partnership with ArtWorks and Shake It Records
- Real Art for Young Artists: The Art of Rosemary Wells
- Unbound: Writing and Art from Cincinnati's Returning Citizens in partnership with Ham. Co. Office of Reentry and Voice of America
- 65th Annual Veterans Day Commemoration (USS Cincinnati) in partnership with the U.S. Department of the Navy
- Holiday Train Display in partnership with the Cincinnati Northern Model Railroad Club
- Ohio Women Vote: 100 Years of Change in partnership with Ohio History Connection
- Cincinnati Architecture
- Reds 150th Anniversary
- IRL - Showboats
- Movie Theaters of Cincinnati
- Genius of Liberty: The Long Struggle for Women’s Equality