Status: Construction Complete
Completion Date: March 16, 2023
Facility Master Plan Category: Neighborhood Library
Planning Zone: South East (PDF format)
Estimated Investment (Approximate): $3.3 million
The new Madisonville Branch Library is now open!
Construction is complete for the new home of the Madisonville Branch Library, located in the Facility Master Plan southeast planning zone.
The branch is located inside a new building down the street from the previous location, at the corner of Madison Road and Whetsel Avenue. The new library's interior space is double the space of the old location!
The new space, leased inside Phase 3 of the Madison and Whetsel development, opens a new window, will welcome, support, and inspire the community through digital inclusivity. With a focus on emerging technology, the branch provides hands-on learning opportunities that inspire creativity and collaboration. The space is a place where minds of all kinds connect, create, and collaborate.
The new space includes:
- 8,904 estimated square feet, all on one floor
- Four study pods
- Two meeting rooms, which can combine into a large community meeting space
- Fully accessible, including restrooms
- MakerSpace equipment
- 1,270 feet of shelving for collection display
- Additional desktop and laptop computers
- 8 designated parking spots
- New furniture and computers
The Library does not have plans to sell the previous branch library building.
- Listening Session Summary - April 23, 2019
- Listening Session Summary, opens a new window - June 12, 2019
Madisonville Branch Next Generation Library Blog Posts
Now Open: The New, Tech-Focused Madisonville Branch Library
Madisonville Branch Closed for Move to New Building
We'd love your feedback on Building the Next Generation Library.
"*" indicates required fields