Overview and Eligibility
Educators are entitled to a special library card with unique borrowing privileges. Educator Card holders may:
- Have up to 200 items (except videocassettes and DVDs) checked out on the card
- Request a teacher collection in person, by phone, fax, or online. In two weeks, pick up the teacher collection at the library of your choice
- Have monthly collections delivered to your school (ask your children’s librarian for details)
- Apply for an educator card feature that allows access to classroom sets of downloadable materials.
Teacher Collection Request Guidelines
- Teachers are encouraged to visit the Library to select materials to meet students' needs. Library staff will prepare collections of up to 50 items with two weeks advance notice.
- The Library reserves the right to limit materials in high demand.
Library staff will compile:
- General collections
- Subject collections
- Specific titles of your choice
- Multiple copies of a title
Please be as specific as possible, providing complete title and author information to ensure receiving the correct material.
- Please allow 2 weeks for a collection to be compiled.
- Library staff will prepare collections of up to 50 items.
- Up to a total of 200 items checked out on an Educator Card.
All requests are subject to availability and substitution may be necessary due to demands from other teachers, schools and customers.
Pickup of Collections by Teachers
Teachers requesting collections should confirm pickup dates at the time requests are made.
Collections will be held for a week after the scheduled pickup date. If two collections are not picked up as scheduled, collections will no longer be prepared by Library staff during the remaining school year.
Please be advised to bring a helper to carry the collection to your car.
Delivery of Collections
Please inquire about the possibility of a monthly collection delivered to your school.