Library service to Greenhills began in 1939, following completion of the “greenbelt community” by the federal government. The branch was housed in the community building, along with the Village school. It was operated jointly by the school and a librarian from the College Hill Branch Library. The library moved into separate rented quarters in 1953 and then to the Greenhills Shopping Center in 1954. In 2016, the branch relocated to larger quarters in the Greenhills Community Building.