A local literary society formed the Pleasant Ridge Library Association in 1879. Members purchased shares, while non-members paid a small annual fee to borrow books. When Pleasant Ridge became a village in 1891, the library moved to a room in the Town Hall. The practice of charging dues ended when the village commenced financial support. In 1900, the library joined the Cincinnati Public Library. The Pleasant Ridge Branch Library opened at its current site in 1929, following several relocations. In February 2012, a new entrance was added and modifications were completed to make the facility ADA accessible. Thanks to the donors who made this possible.