The Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library’s Winter Checkout Challenge is the one thing from last year we bet you’re happy is back. Win prizes just by staying in and checking out all our library has to offer between Jan. 18 through Feb. 25. And you get a free tote bag just for signing up.
It’s simple: Log activities and books you read with your library card for a chance to win prizes such as a Kindle Fire HD, a self-care kit, or a date night pack. Anyone age 18 and older can get started by picking up a tracking card from the library, printing one, or logging your activities online using our tracking app at CincinnatiLibrary.org/winter. Make sure you’re following @cincylibrary on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for flash challenges with more prizes.
Winter Checkout Challenge (#StayInCheckOut) activities are:
- Check out a book recommended by CHPL staff
- Attend a virtual event
- Read a winter-themed book, eBook, or magazine
- Stream a video on Hoopla or check out a movie
- Visit a CHPL branch you’ve never been to before
- Follow @cincylibrary on social media
- Practice a mindfulness activity
- Check out a book about/by an Indigenous person
- Download the CHPL app
- Check out five items in one visit
“We are excited to once again invite our community to #stayincheckout this year with the Library's Winter Checkout Challenge,” said Maggie Killman, Lifelong Learning Manager at the Library. “With more ways to ‘win’ than ever before, all who participate are sure to find an option that works for them. Explore the Library and community resources, discover something new, practice your self-care, and let us know what you discover this winter.”