Status: Construction in progress
Estimated completion: Late 2022
Facility Master Plan category: Big Next Generation Library
Planning zone: Central (PDF format)
Estimated investment (approximate): $12.3 million
Construction Manager at Risk: Megen Construction
While the building is closed for construction, please visit the Branch Library's temporary location at 961 E. McMillan Street.
Interested in more details? Read the project updates.
Construction on the Walnut Hills Branch Library is underway!
Plans for the new space include:
- Doubling the Branch Library's size to approximately 20,000 square feet.
- Upgrading to full accessibility for all public service areas.
- Adding seven small- and medium-sized meeting/study rooms and one larger community room.
- Restoring the large theater on the lower level for use with a 99-person capacity.
- CHPL's first tablet kiosk, allowing customers to check out one of twelve iPads to use within the building.
- Two, 24-bay laptop kiosks for in-branch use.
- Multiple wireless and plug-in charging stations.
- Upgrading the facility to Big Next Generation Library size, with a full range of traditional and contemporary library spaces and services.
- Maintaining historic elements from the original Carnegie Library building, opens a new window.
- Adding more parking.
Find more information about this project in the Central Planning Zone, opens a new window Facility Master Plan document.