Completion: October 20, 2022
Facility Master Plan category: Big Next Generation Library
Planning zone: Central (PDF format)
Estimated investment (approximate): $12.3 million
Construction Manager at Risk: Megen Construction
Interested in more details? Read the project updates.
The expanded and renovated Walnut Hills Branch Library is now open! CHPL's oldest branch and first Carnegie library is open for customers to enjoy since it began construction over a year ago.
After receiving its first significant improvement since it's construction in 1906, the new branch includes:
- Approximately 20,000 square feet to explore, doubling the Branch Library's size and making it CHPL's second largest Neighborhood Branch.
- Full accessibility for all public service areas.
- Adding seven small- and medium-sized meeting/study rooms and one larger community room.
- The restoration of the large community space on the lower level for use with a 99-person capacity.
- CHPL's first tablet kiosk, allowing customers to check out one of twelve iPads to use within the building.
- Two, 24-bay laptop kiosks for in-branch use.
- Multiple wireless and plug-in charging stations.
- Upgrading the facility to Big Next Generation Library size, with a full range of traditional and contemporary library spaces and services.
- Maintaining historic elements from the original Carnegie Library building, opens a new window.
- Adding 40 parking spots for customers in a dedicated lot.
Find more information about this project in the Central Planning Zone, opens a new window Facility Master Plan document.