The Library is distributing summer meals for youth at select locations. All children ages 1 through 18 are eligible to receive free meals. Individuals ages 19 through 21 who have been identified as having mental or physical disabilities and are following Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) through their current enrollment in educational programs also are eligible for free summer meals.
Meals are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the locations below. Meal service locations and serving times are subject to change.
Current Meal Schedule
- 1 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Avondale
- 1:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. - Elmwood Place
- 2:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Reading
- 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Covedale
- 3:15 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Deer Park
- 4 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Groesbeck
- 5 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Westwood
About Summer Meals
According to Feeding America, opens a new window, nearly 40,000 children in Hamilton County live in a food insecure household. That means one in five children are unsure of where their next meal is coming from. Children facing hunger are more likely to struggle with school and exhibit behavioral problems.