Written by Joe Armstrong, Content Specialist, Marketing, Downtown Main Library
An expanded Walnut Hills Branch Library is reopening this fall!
To prepare the over 20,000 square foot building with countless materials, technology, and services for you to enjoy, the temporary branch at 961 E. McMillan St. closed on September 25, 2022.
During this time, holds scheduled to be delivered to the Walnut Hills location will be available at the Downtown Main Library.
A Bigger, Better Walnut Hills Branch Library
From floor to ceiling, you’ll find something new everywhere you look in the new Walnut Hills Branch Library. Just some of the exciting features of the renovated and expanded space include:
- Doubled branch size to approximately 20,000 square feet.
- Full accessibility for all customer areas.
- Seven small- and medium-sized meeting and study rooms and one larger community room.
- Restored large theater on the lower level with a 99-person capacity.
- CHPL's first tablet kiosk with 12 iPads to use within the library.
- Installing two, 24-bay laptop kiosks for in-library use.
- Multiple wireless and plug-in charging stations.
- Maintaining historic elements from the original Carnegie Library building.
- 40 additional parking spots for CHPL customers
“We're so excited to begin serving our community in our newly renovated and expanded library this fall. That being said, we're also so very grateful for the support and flexibility of the community while we've continued to provide service in our temporary location these past two years. It’s been so much fun to watch the construction progress alongside the community that helped us plan the new space,” Ashley Barnhill, Walnut Hills Senior Branch Manager.
What are you looking forward to most at the expanded Walnut Hills Branch Library? Let us know in the comments below!