Written by Krystie Salyers, Reference Librarian, Downtown Main Library
In honor of International Women’s Month, we will host our fifth annual Women’s Health Fair at the Walnut Hills Branch Library. This year’s health fair will be the first in-person event since 2020 and will take place on March 25 from 12 – 4 p.m.
One Event – Dozens of Resources
Join us as we welcome over a dozen organizations who offer a wide range of health and well-being services to the female-identifying folks in our communities. Registration is not required. All ages are welcome. Participating partners include:
- Center for Closing the Health Gap
- Council on Aging
- Cradle Cincinnati
- Dedicated Senior Medical Center
- Equitas Health
- Freestore Foodbank - Get Covered Ohio
- Girls Health Period
- Hamilton County Public Health
- La Leche League
- NAMI Southwest Ohio
- Women Helping Women
What services/resource/information will you be talking about or sharing at the Health Fair?
- Julie, NAMI: NAMI will share information about classes offered, support groups, information and referral services, and presentations to educate and create awareness about mental health conditions.
- Christa, Dedicated Senior Medical Center: We will be providing blood pressure and blood sugar testing and handing out information about Dedicated Senior Medical Center. We are a primary care clinic for seniors 55 and up and offer classes including art, chair aerobics and yoga, tai chi, addiction recovery, and crochet. We are all inclusive VIP value-based healthcare, making sure there are no gaps in your care.
How can our customers connect with you if they are unable to attend the event:
- Julie, NAMI: We can be contacted through our website or over the phone, our phone number is 513-351-3500
- Christa, Dedicated Senior Medical Center: I can be reached at 513-507-3400 and can schedule appointments or tours for all three of our locations.
Is there anything else you’d like to share about the services your organization offers:
- Julie, NAMI: Everything that we offer is at no cost to the participants.
- Christa, Dedicated Senior Medical Center: Our goal is to keep you happy, healthy, and at home! We have a social worker on staff to aid with additional resources for food, housing, transportation, and utility assistance.
Mobile Mammography Screenings
The goal for this Women’s Health Fair is to provide easy access to information and vital health resources for the female-identifying members of our community. We hope to see you there, but for those unable to attend the event, there will be two dates for mobile mammography screenings at branch locations provided by UC Health.
- March 28 from 8 – 10:30 a.m. at the Sharonville Branch Library. Pre-registration is required, call 513-584-PINK (7465) for an appointment.
- April 5 from 12:30 – 3 p.m. at the Delhi Township Branch Library. Pre-registration is required, call 513-584-PINK (7465) for an appointment.
Find more details about the Women’s Health Fair on our website.