Written by Joe Armstrong, Content Specialist, Marketing, Downtown Main Library
Bring your phone, tablet, Kindle, or laptop to CHPL's Tech Days events for help with the Library’s apps and online resources, such as Libby, our app for borrowing and reading eBooks.
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff will suggest free apps or online resources that meet your interests, help you set up your device, then share tips so you feel confident using the resources on your device.
Come for attentive one-on-one help. Stay for the free refreshments!
Why Should You Attend Tech Days?
- You already use Audible, Netflix, and other streaming services, and want to use the Library’s apps, too.
- With 150+ apps and online databases, you aren’t sure where to start! Describe your interests and our staff will suggest a few apps and online resources.
- You have a new device...or one you have been meaning to start using!
- You have been using of the Library‘s apps, online resources, or databases but would like to “level up” your knowledge with pro tips.
- You want to be prepared when the OverDrive eBook app is discontinued on April 30. Library staff will help you upgrade to the new Libby app, show you how to use the app, and sync your OverDrive wish list with the Libby app.
CHPL’s Most Popular Apps
Free library apps and digital resources make it easy to read eBooks and audiobooks, watch streaming movies and more—anywhere.
Select from more than 150 apps, online resources, and research databases, including these customer favorites:
- Libby: Enjoy 1,000’s of eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and read-along books.
- Kanopy: Stream more than 3,000 free movies, documentaries, and children’s videos
- LinkedIn Learning: Watch 1,000’s of videos to help achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Freegal: Stream or download more than 18 million songs to your device.
- Chilton: Find step-by-step videos and guides for car repair or maintenance.
- Creativebug: Unleash your creativity with 1,000’s of art and craft videos for all skill levels.
- Homework HelpNow: Get live online homework help, writing assistance, and test prep from expert tutors.
- Universal Class: Learn something new with 600 courses in everything from career skills to crafts.
- Scholastic Bookflix: Read-along videos of classic children’s books paired with related resources.
Don’t have your own device? We’ll show you how on the Library’s computers which are always free to use! Don’t have a free library card? We can take care of that, too!