Written by Joe Armstrong, Content Specialist, Marketing, Downtown Main Library
The start of 2023 is just weeks away and with it comes the annual tradition of setting New Year’s resolutions for the upcoming year.
No matter what you choose as your resolution, the Library can help you achieve it long before 2024 comes around. If you’re still deciding on your New Year’s resolution or already have one in mind, CHPL’s Adult Learning Center has over 30 free classes to check out!
Land a Job You Love
What better resolution than to finally go for that job you’ve always had your eye on? Or boost your workplace skills to land that promotion? Attend one of these free career-related courses starting Jan. 4 or get a head start and dive into thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning, free with your library card.
- I Need a Resume, opens a new window | Jan. 4 and Feb. 1 | 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- How to Write a Cover Letter, opens a new window | Jan. 11 and Feb. 8 | 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- I’ve Got an Interview – Now What? | Jan. 18 and Feb. 15 | 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Professional Email Etiquette | Jan. 25 and Feb. 22 | 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tech Basics 101 | Jan. 9 and Feb. 13 | 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Learn to Zoom| Jan. 19 and Feb. 16 | 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Become Fluent in English
No matter your level, come take part in a host of different activities aimed at improving your conversational English.
- ESOL for Everyone | Mon., Tue., & Wed., Dec. 5-Feb. 20 | 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- English Level 1 Class | Mon. & Tue., Jan 9 – May 23 | 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- English Level 2 Class | Mon. & Tue., Jan. 9 – May 23 | 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Explore 101 – Art
Learn new art skills in 2023, including watercolor, painting, sketching, and journaling with these free virtual classes:
- Watercolor for Seniors | Mondays, Dec.-Feb. | 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Watercolor for Everyone | Mondays, Dec.-Feb. | 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Paint like the Masters | Thursdays, Dec.-Feb. | 12:00 -1:00 p.m.
- Drawing & Journaling the Natural World | Thursdays, Dec.-Jan. | 3:00 -4:00 p.m.
Explore 101 – Something Different
2023 is your year to break out as the next comedy star, explore classical music, or learn a new craft!
- Stand-Up Comedy | Tuesdays, Dec.-Feb. | 4:00 -5:00 p.m.
- Classical Music for Everyone | Wednesdays, Jan.-Feb. | 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Explore Universal Class | Jan. 4 | 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Explore CreativeBug | Feb. 1 | 3:00-4:00 p.m.
From obtaining your U.S. citizenship to nailing down a perfect meal plan, the Library can help you achieve your 2023 goals. Not sure what your resolution is going to be? We can help you learn how to set better goals, create an action plan, and stick to your priorities.
- Preparing for the U.S. Citizenship Exam | Tuesdays, Dec.-Feb. | 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Goals & Grit | Wednesdays in Jan. | 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Effective Verbal & Non-Verbal Communication | Jan. 9, 23, and 30 | 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Meal Planning 101 | Wednesdays in Feb. | 10:00-11:00 a.m.
What is your New Year’s resolution? Let us know in the comments below!