The photography/video area at the Downtown Main Library, opens a new window MakerSpace contains everything you need to produce webcasts, commercials, short films, YouTube videos, promotional videos, and how–to guides. A green screen is set up at all times, but other backdrops are available.
We have a “Studio-in-a-Box” available for product style shots. It’s a compact table top photography environment. The kit comes with lights, softboxes, and light stands to capture that perfect lighting.
Multiple lights, softboxes, and backdrops are available along with a green screen.
You'll also find an Epson P800 inkjet printer capable of printing on many different types of materials such as thicker cardstock and T-shirt transfer material in the photography area. The Library offers 8.5 x 11 inch Premium Pro Luster paper for $0.25 a sheet; however, you are permitted to supply your own paper. If you plan to bring your own paper, we recommend confirming it's compatible with the Epsom P800 printer. There is a $0.25 per sheet ink consumption charge if you bring your own paper.
- Our Canon Rebel DSLR cameras feature 18MP sensors, full HD video capabilities, and a large 3-inch LCD.
- A green screen is installed but black and white backdrops are also available.
- High quality studio lights.
What You’ll Need
Use of the photography/video area is free. Any camera (including cell phones) can be used for taking pictures and video; although you'll see better results with a higher quality camera. Cameras are available for checkout in the MakerSpace. There is no charge to borrow the camera; however, you must have an unlimited Library Card in good standing. Bring blank media such as a flash drive, CD/DVD, or a portable device with storage to save your media. You can also upload your media online. Flash drives are available for purchase.
- Photo prints: $0.25 each
- Premium Pro Luster paper: $0.25 per sheet
- 8GB flash drive: $5 each
- Customers are permitted one 60-minute session per day.
- There is a 10-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- The computer shut off and erase all data stored to it when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to six weeks in advance.